[Fedora-sparc] Re: Secondary Arch Status reports

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Tue Dec 9 15:16:16 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 08:57 -0500, Josh Boyer wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In an effort to get a better understanding of how the Secondary Arch work
> is progresing in Fedora, FESCo would like to get some information on how
> things currently are, what work is being done, etc.
>
> To start with, a brief recap of where your Arch is at compared to the
> primary arches would be great.  Feel free to highlight any hurdles that
> are in the way, etc.

SPARC:

We have a full package tree for Fedora 9, but we do not have a
functional anaconda. We've been able to compose images, but when we try
to boot them, anaconda either never starts, or crashes immediately
during stage 1. We suspect that we're dealing with memory overwrites
from the bootloader, but have not had time to properly debug this.

We have a functional koji instance that builds for sparcv9 and sparc64
targets (as well as the variants for glibc [sparcv9v, sparc64v].

We have some packages built for F10, but not a full tree.

~spot