[Fedora-suds-list] How to start with suds and JIRA?

Rene reneverschoor at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 15:13:51 UTC 2008

Hi,

Having used some of the other libs to write a Python SOAP client, I
stumbled upon suds.
A relief to see something that's actively being developed, not
dependent on outdated libs, and looks easy to use :)
And that's exactly what I need.
I don't want to become a SOAP expert, my focus is on the client logic.
Alas, I hit my first problem.

I want to write a client for JIRA (www.atlassian.com).
Atlassian exposes their own JIRA instance to the public, so you can
test the client against their JIRA.
To get access you need to login as user 'soaptester' with password 'soaptester'.
Anyone can run this code:

  import logging
  from suds.client import Client
  logging.basicConfig(level=logging.INFO)
  url = 'http://jira.atlassian.com/rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2?wsdl'
  client = Client(url)
  auth = client.service.login('soaptester', 'soaptester')
  # Try to retrieve user information
  user = client.service.getUser(auth, 'soaptester')
  print user

This results in:

  ERROR:suds.resolver:(@href) not-found
  WARNING:suds.bindings.unmarshaller:attribute (href) type, not-found
  (RemoteUser){
     _href = "#id0"
   }

I'm probably missing something stoopidly basic.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
rev