Re: [Fedora-suds-list] Empty string instead of xsi:nil in request

Hello Jeff,

thanks for the reply.

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 00:25:54 +0200, Jeff Ortel <jortel redhat com> wrote:

Suds should set the xsi:nil="true" when the schema defines that element as nillable. Does the schema do that?

Unfortunately the schema doesn't set xsi:nil="true", but what it does in the webservice definition is:

<message name="method0Request">
  <part name="param0" type="xsd:integer" use="required"/>
  <part name="param1" type="xsd:string" use="optional"/>

AFAIK with use="optional/required", it should also have something like ref="wsdl:required" to work although I am not sure.

I would be most happy with a solution similar to Binding.replyfilter when it goes about "patching" the response, although I will be glad with everything that works. As I mentioned, the Webservice I am using is a PHP Webservice and the PHP example that service provider gave me works and, as I investigated, it sends xsi:nil="true" in the request. But I don't want to use ugly PHP, I want to use pretty SUDS since I like it very much :-)

Piotr Szrajber