[Fedora-suds-list] Suds question (attribute vs element)

Cesar Canassa cesar.canassa at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 22:37:56 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

I have a service that its expecting a call like this:

<inputInitCloseItems maxNumberOfPackages="1" />

But when I run the method from sud I get the following output:

client.service.initCloseItems(1)

<inputInitCloseItems>
    <maxNumberOfPackages>1<maxNumberOfPackages/>
</inputInitCloseItems>

The Suds is generating the maxNumberOfPackages as a element instead of a
inputInitCloseItems attribute, why does it do that?

This is XSD part:

<xs:complexType name="InputInitCloseItems">
<xs:sequence/>
<xs:attribute name="maxNumberOfPackages" type="xs:short" use="required"/>
</xs:complexType>

Thanks,
Cesar