[Fedora-suds-list] urlopen error

Jeff Ortel jortel at redhat.com
Fri Dec 4 14:03:46 UTC 2009

On 12/02/2009 11:53 AM, Ajai Joy wrote:
> All,
>
> Does Suds work smoothly with https ? My service end point is https://xx

Yes, so long as the https does not require client authentication via cert and is only used
for server authentication and/or encryption only.

> I  am trying to do the following
>
> try:
>      logging.getLogger('suds.client').setLevel(logging.DEBUG)
>      url = 'https://xxx:9843/services/LoginService?wsdl'
>      client = Client(url)
>      print client
>      result = client.service.loginUsingUserCredential('xx', 'xx', 'SRP')
>
> *it does introspect the wsdl and print the following :*
>
> Service ( LoginService ) tns="http://xx.com"
>     Prefixes (2)
>        ns0 = "http://xx.com/webservices/framework/xsd"
>        ns1 = "http://xx.com/webservices/skeleton/login"
>     Ports (1):
>        (LoginServiceHttpSoap11Endpoint)
>           Methods (2):
>              loginUsingSessionCredential(ns0:WS_SSOSessionCredential
> ws_sessionCredential, )
>              loginUsingUserCredential(xs:string userName, xs:string
> password, xs:string authenticationType, )
>           Types (8):
>              ns0:BaseException
>              ns0:Exception
>
> After that, it prints the following - when I try to invoke a method
> using the service :
>
> <urlopen error [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the
> target machine actively refused it>
>
> The server is up and I can use a java soap client and invoke the methods.

The URL for the wsdl is usually not the URL used to invoke methods.  This is defined in
the WSDL in:

<service>
   <port>
     <soap:address location=""/>
   </port>
</service>

Does the location here look correct?  Also, you may want to disable suds caching in case
the URL has changed in the WSDL and suds is looked at the old version.  Also, this
(caching) may explain why suds can get the WSDL but not invoke methods.

Disable caching:

client = Client(url, cache=None)