Re: [Fedora-suds-list] Type not found: '(Array, ..)' on many independent web services

Matt,

The factory.create() method takes a (.) separated path. The path is used to reference elements nested elements such as:

<element name="A">
  <element name="B"/>
    <element name="C"/>
  </element>
</element>

Element 'C' is not a top level element so the only way to create one is using the following path:

> client.factory.create('A.B.C')

But, to handle names containing (.), I'll need to add an optional param (maybe: pathseparator) to create(). I'll CC you on the ticket so you'll get an email when it's committted.

Regards,

Jeff

Matt C wrote:
It looks like I'm working, at least for the getter methods. I'm flailing now with figuring out how to deal with my types correctly...I suspect that the types defined with dots "." in them may cause me grief:

Calling the create() method expects the following types: create(Common.StringSequence pool_names, LocalLB.LBMethodSequence lb_methods, Common.IPPortDefinitionSequenceSequence members, )

In [198]: mem = c.factory.create('Common.IPPortDefinition')
DEBUG:suds.resolver:searching schema for (Common)
DEBUG:suds.xsd.query:('Common', u'urn:iControl'), not-found
DEBUG:suds.xsd.query:('Common', u'urn:iControl'), not-found
ERROR:suds.resolver:(Common) not-found
ERROR:suds.resolver:path: "Common.IPPortDefinition", not-found

Any suggestions? Once I figure out how to deal with these types correctly (with fingers crossed that Suds is OK with the Soap-Enc: Arrays defined in the WSDL) I think we may be off to the races.

Regards,
Matt