[Fedora-suds-list] arrayType HowTo ?

Uri Shkolnik urishk at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 15 09:05:21 UTC 2009

Hi,

Another newbie question....

The WSDL server I work with, have the following schema sub-sections (I tried to write it clearly using plain text) -

[ sub-section #1 ]

searchRequest: (searchRequest){
   userIdentification =
      (userIdentification){
         username = ""
         password = ""
      }
   itineraryArr =
      (itineraryArray){
         _arrayType = ""
         _offset = ""
         _id = ""
         _href = ""
         _arrayType = ""
      }

[ sub-section #2 ]

itinerary: (itinerary){
   departurePoint =
      (locationPoint){
         locationId = None
         radius = None
      }
   arrivalPoint =
      (locationPoint){
         locationId = None
         radius = None
      }

There is no problem with 'userIdentification' (which is a "simple" type)

But, 'itineraryArr' is an array of 'itinerary', and I don't know how to use python to create XML array.

I tried few combinations, for example

        itinerary0 = self.client.factory.create('itinerary')
        itineraryArray = self.client.factory.create('itineraryArray')
        itineraryArray = [itinerary0]
        searchRequest.itineraryArr = itineraryArray

But all my trials resulted with the same server error -

        Server raised fault: 'Cannot use object of type itinerary as array'
        (Fault){
           faultcode = "SOAP-ENV:Server"
           faultstring = "Cannot use object of type itinerary as array"
         }

Appreciate you help.....

Thanks,
Uri