Re: [Fedora-suds-list] suds.WebFault: Server raised fault: 'The arguments supplied to the function were not valid: Missing <argument name>

Hey Lucy,

This wsdl isn't written in a way that is unconventional for a rcp/encoded soap service and contrary to the documentation: https://api.verticalresponse.com/partner-wsdl/1.0/documentation.html#login. I'm not sure how the PHP example works because the argument to the login() method is of type ns0:loginArgs.

The message for this operation is defined as:

<wsdl:message name="loginRequest">
   <wsdl:part name="args" type="vrtypens:loginArgs"/>
</wsdl:message>

and

<xsd:complexType name="loginArgs">
  <xsd:sequence>
    <xsd:element name="username" type="xsd:string"/>
    <xsd:element name="password" type="xsd:string"/>
    <xsd:element name="session_duration_minutes" type="xsd:integer"/>
    <xsd:element name="impersonate_user" type="xsd:string"/>
    <xsd:element name="impersonate_partner_integration_user" type="xsd:string"/>
    <xsd:element name="partner_integration" type="xsd:string"/>
  </xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>

If the arguments were really intended to be:

login(username, password, session_duration_minutes, ...)

I would expect the message for rpc/encoded to be:

<wsdl:message name="loginRequest">
   <wsdl:part name="username" type="xsd:string"/>
   <wsdl:part name="password" type="xsd:string"/>
   <wsdl:part name="session_duration_minutes" type="xsd:integer"/>
   <wsdl:part name="impersonate_user" type="xsd:string"/>
   <wsdl:part name="impersonate_partner_integration_user" type="xsd:string"/>
   <wsdl:part name="partner_integration" type="xsd:string"/>
</wsdl:message>

But, with that said, I will review the WSDL/SOAP specifications to see if there is anything I missed regarding this type of message.

For now, though - the best way to see what suds believes the arguments to be for any given method, you should (print) the client as below and supply the arguments as it describes. I did the following and the server complained about invalid username or password which suggests the message is correct.

Hope this helps,

Jeff

> client = Client(url, cache=None)
> print client

[see: attached]

> credentials = client.factory.create('ns0:loginArgs')
> print login
> credentials.username='jeff'
> credentials.password='xxx'
> credentials.session_duration_minutes=30
> print client.service.login(credentials)

[fault]

2009-10-06 09:45:20,517 [ERROR] send() @client.py:629
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"; xmlns:ns0="http://api.verticalresponse.com/1.0/VRAPI.xsd"; xmlns:ns1="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; xmlns:ns2="VR/API/1_0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org
/soap/envelope/" SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/";>
   <SOAP-ENV:Header/>
   <SOAP-ENV:Body>
      <ns2:login>
         <args xsi:type="ns0:loginArgs">
            <username xsi:type="ns1:string">jeff</username>
            <password xsi:type="ns1:string">xxx</password>
            <session_duration_minutes xsi:type="ns1:integer">30</session_duration_minutes>
         </args>
      </ns2:login>
   </SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Server raised fault: 'The username or password supplied was incorrect.'
(Fault){
   faultcode = "SOAP-ENV:VRAPI.InvalidLogin"
   faultstring = "The username or password supplied was incorrect."
 }