[Fedora-suds-list] Persistent connections - anyone else interested / suggest howto / working on it?

Jeff Ortel jortel at redhat.com
Wed Oct 21 18:36:10 UTC 2009

Oops!  I don't have a windows environment to test this but I should have done a little
more before committing this :/

The module named "ntlm.py" in suds shadows the import of the ntlm module from python-ntlm
package.  So, I've fixed by moving the WindowsHttpAuthenticated class to the https.py
module in suds.  Did a quick run through and at least now it does not barf.

Documentation updated.

On 10/21/2009 01:00 PM, Waldemar Osuch wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Jeff Ortel<jortel at redhat.com>  wrote:
>>
>> On 10/21/2009 12:20 PM, Waldemar Osuch wrote:
>>> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 8:05 AM, Rod Montgomery<monty at starfief.com>
>>>   wrote:
>

>>> At one time I was playing with httplib2 to do just that.
>>> I needed it since persistent connections are requirement for NTLM
>>> authentication.
>>> Since then the requirements have changed and I did not finish it.
>> I just included a NTLM transport
>> https://fedorahosted.org/suds/wiki/Documentation#WindowsNTLM written by
>> Christopher Bess that uses python-ntlm which is based on urllib2.  This
>> seems to work without persistent connections (or at least it did).  Will
>> this still work?  Are there advantages other then persistent connections to
>> using httplib2 over urllib2?
>>
> Your rock :)
>
>  From what I can tell Christopher does reuse the socket for the handshake.
> Is it the same as persistent connections?  I am not sure.

I hope so.