[Fedora-suds-list] Cache behavior

Matt C mcauthorn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 14:05:20 UTC 2009

I know that there's some work planned on the cache implementation but
I wanted to get this behavior out for the benefit of any tickets that
may open (by the way I'm happy to open one on this but I'm not sure I
know how).

I frequently run into this when instantiating a client (even with
cache = None in the constructor): SAXParseException: <unknown>:10:2:
mismatched tag, which indicates the cache issue that has come up
before on the list.

But, if I run the same command from the same interactive session, I
create my client object without any issues. In other words, if I run
c = Client(url, cache = None, doctor = doctor) and I get my mismatched
tag error, I simply run this command again for the second time and
I've got a working client.

I've not had a chance to look at the caching code yet so I don't have
any input to share beyond this. If I get the chance to poke at this a
bit more I'll update here.

-Matt