Grub - request

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 3 13:01:53 UTC 2003

guran wrote:

>On Sunday 03 August 2003 04.18, Tom Diehl wrote:
>

>>In your original message you said something about grub now you are asking
>>about devfs and fb. I am confused :-(
>>
>>AFAIK RHL does not support devfs. It is generally more trouble than it is
>>worth. I do not know much if anything about fb. I have never messed with
>>

>I was trying to be short and not force other to read stuff that might not
>interest them. Bet testing to me is to try to avoid future pb's, and when I
>installed the Severn I did not see any possibility to save grub other than on
>the mbr. I wanted grub to be written to the /boot directory so I could read
>what it said.

During the install, while setting up the boot loader, anaconda provides
a button labeled something like "advanced options".  Clicking on that
button gives you the option of installing grub to the boot partition
rather than the MBR.  You can kater read what is their and include it
into your grub.conf file that you are using.

Hope this helps.

Gerry