rhn alert icon

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Mon Aug 4 15:07:33 UTC 2003

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 09:52:28PM -0400, Robert L Cochran wrote:
> It is 27 bytes, and I sent it to you as a separate email from my Severn
> box. I hope I sent it to you correctly. I can't figure out how to get
> Evolution 1.4 to attach a file that has a leading dot '.', and this led
> me into a very inexpert session with mutt.

  I got it, will try to reproduce this today. Still I puzzled,
I don't see anything in the code which could explain why the cache
state can influence the rendering, *except* if it is a bug raised
under load condition, then rebuilding the cache generates a lot
of I/O though the rpm database, which added to the load associated to
starting the desktop might create the conditions to raise that problem.
If it's a race condition in the inter-process communication interface
between the applet and the applet container running in the toolbar then
having a lot of I/O might generate proper condition for the problem.
  It would be interesting to see if you get the same problem with little
load, for example once in the session, assuming the applet didn't display
correctly, what happen if you kill the applet and restart it with
   "killall rhn-applet-gui ; rhn-applet-gui &"
is the display still broken ?

Daniel