radeon panic and 2.6 kernel

Matt Whiteley matt-whiteley at comcast.net
Wed Aug 6 18:20:25 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 10:43, Gregory Boyce wrote:
> Once you had a driver for the USB controller, it probably autodetected
> and autoloaded the appropriate drivers for the mouse.  If you check
> lsmod, you should see the HID driver there.

Wow, what a difference.  Thanks so much.  I can no listen to the digital
music files of my choice while actually using the computer for something
else.  XMMS has not skipped once and overall feel of the gui is much
snappier.

I added 'alias usb-controller uhci-hcd' to /etc/modprobe.conf and that
was it.

thanks,
--
Matt Whiteley <matt-whiteley at comcast.net>