radeon panic and 2.6 kernel

Gregory Boyce gboyce at badbelly.com
Wed Aug 6 18:29:07 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 14:20, Matt Whiteley wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 10:43, Gregory Boyce wrote:
> > Once you had a driver for the USB controller, it probably autodetected
> > and autoloaded the appropriate drivers for the mouse.  If you check
> > lsmod, you should see the HID driver there.
>
> Wow, what a difference.  Thanks so much.  I can no listen to the digital
> music files of my choice while actually using the computer for something
> else.  XMMS has not skipped once and overall feel of the gui is much
> snappier.
>
> I added 'alias usb-controller uhci-hcd' to /etc/modprobe.conf and that
> was it.

Glad to help.

Sounds like you were playing with 2.6.0-testX for the same reason I
was.  To get rid of the god awful skipping on audio playback.  I'm going
to make sure that there is a bug filed on the skipping.  If it's
widespread, I would think it would be a showstopper.

Out of curiosity, do you have a scroll wheel on your mouse?  If so, does
it work properly under 2.6.0-test2?

--
Gregory Boyce <gboyce at badbelly.com>