KVM Switch

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Fri Aug 8 15:23:36 UTC 2003

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 08:07:26AM -0400, Robert L Cochran wrote:
> Can anyone suggest a KVM switch that works? I'm thinking of trying to
> connect 3 boxes to one monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

They are not cheap, but there's one brand, the Apex Outlook series,
that is OEMed by everyone and their brother because they *just work*.
You can tell the OEMed versions because they will talk about "Oscar"
which is the software that runs on the KVMs.  (Apex is now owned by
Avocent, apparantly, but I can't speak for Avocent KVMs that do not
use Oscar.)

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/