install problems with nforce

Jean Francois Martinez jfm512 at free.fr
Sun Aug 10 14:26:15 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 15:26, Urmas Eero wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't know, what causes this problem
> but install freezes with /sbin/loader
> no errors no nothing ...
>
> linux expert, linux text, linux expert graphical .. all acted the same
>
> hardware is:
> athlon xp 2200+
> abit nforce2
> msi gf4 4800ti
> 1 gb ram

I have the same motherboard and the same problem.  Give pci=noacpi as argument
for booting.

Also when you reboot after install it will freeze when loading usb modules
if you aren't using the above argument.  Configure your bootloader acoordingliy.

BTW does your computer poweroff properly?  Mine doesn't and I don't know if
it is the alim, the motherboard or if it is Linux not dealing properly with it.