Add an extended partition with disk druid

Marco Ermini markoer at usa.net
Mon Aug 18 14:45:30 UTC 2003

Leonard den Ottolander disse:
[...]
> Ok. Not flexible enough for my requirements, but then I can still use
> fdisk from tty2.
[...]

I think that you can do all you need to do with both tools. After all, you
only need to create an extended partition only if you don't have any more
primary partitions... it makes no sense to use an extended partition, if
you have a spare primary one.

I don't get the point of why you would need to use fdisk, apart from the
case that you want to label a partition with a filesystem that disk druid
did not support (but you can't even format it with fdisk...), or the case
that you are emotionally attached to fdisk ;-)

Bye
--
Marco Ermini
http://macchi.markoer.org