Severn Beta2 [Ximian and upgrades]

Mon Aug 18 15:59:46 UTC 2003

Hi,

I certainly agree that Redhat shouldn't be held responsible other
company's packages, but to say they "shouldn't worry" about Ximian ends up
amounting to saying they "shouldn't worry" about their customers.

I mentioned it not to be argumentative, but because it has been a real
problem in the past for quite a few people, and I wasn't sure how many on
this list (or more importantly, within redhat) were aware of it.
Obviously it's a known issue, since it is mentioned in the RHL release
notes.  On the other hand, as mentioned by someone else before in this
thread, the problem isn't really unique to Ximian, and isn't only Redhat's
problem to deal with.

 -- noah silva