Minimal Install Option

Jack Aboutboul jaboutboul at speakeasy.net
Wed Aug 20 09:53:57 UTC 2003

Hey All,

	I don't know if this was ever discussed within RH and/or on the list,
but I was thinking maybe it would be fruitful to add a minimal
installation option, a la freebsd, into anaconda/the setup system. The
benefits of a minimal install option are great and would enable those
experimenting with RH systems to have more flexibility in their system
configuration.  Those playing with SELinux and other security
configurations would have the option of not having 300 services (I'm
exaggerating) starting up at boot, and a trim installation overall.
This obviously isn't something for this beta or maybe even the next one
but maybe looking towards RHL 11 or 12.

What are your thoughts,
Jack