Lates Rawhide GNOME update glitches

Matthias Saou matthias at rpmforge.net
Wed Aug 20 08:44:07 UTC 2003

Hi,

Here are a few glitches I've encountered in GNOME after updating to
yesterday's new Rawhide packages :

- The terminal option "Use the same size as other applications" which I had
unchecked in my Default and only profile had revered to being checked.
- The new desktop folder message and automatic changes didn't get the new
icons (only home an trash) aligned... ugly looking.
- My existing main menu on my panel changed its icon to a typewriter(!) and
no longer contains the "Lock screen / Log out" part, nor the "Run / Search
/ Open Recent" one.
- Adding a new main menu icon works, but "Lock screen" and "Log out" don't
seem to have icons in the theme I'm using (name change?).
- When I choose to shut down, the new fade to black was horribly slow on my
display (1600x1200, GeForce 2Go with the free nv driver) and didn't work :
All GNOME applications were not responding, but I was able to close xmms,
the last app I had open.
- The "Command Line" applet is now huge (the whole panel height) with still
small text in the middle when something is typed in it.

I guess that's about it. I also get the splash screen stay for about 20s
after I've finished logging in sometimes, but it's random and I haven't
been able to predictably reproduce it, and it's been doing it for a while
now.

I'll file some of these reports in the GNOME bugzilla if ever they're still
there in a while.

Matthias

Raw Hide 20030819 running Linux kernel 2.4.21-20.1.2024.2.1.nptl
Load : 0.10 0.10 0.14