Minimal Install Option

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at princeton.edu
Fri Aug 22 12:14:18 UTC 2003

Bill Anderson wrote:

> Sorry, yes I've been going on the beta. In the beta, it is a group
> defined in the comps.xml file.

Now I maybe totally blind...but in the comps.xml on my beta disk1 iso, a
simple grep for Minimal/minimal doesn't snag its own group. What I get
is the Base group with a description of:
<description>These packages include a minimal set of packages.  Useful
for creating small router/firewall boxes, for example.</description>

It is true that minimal is not a "type" of install like workstation or
desktop...to get a minimal install in the beta you have to select
custom, and then then in the group selector there is a choice of minimal
or everything...after the specific group choices.  But I'm not sure if
minimal is really its own group in the comps.xml file...the finished
alternative comps.xml file will be interesting to test.

-jef