rawhide glibc problems?

Joshua Legbandt jtlegbandt at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 23 07:24:25 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 23:35, seth vidal wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-08-23 at 01:55, Joshua Legbandt wrote:
> > Since I upgraded my glibc to the latest rawhide rpms (glibc-2.3.2-71),
> > I've been having problems with yum, up2date and the rhn-applet.
> >
> > yum returns the following when run:
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/bin/yum", line 22, in ?
> >     import yummain
> >   File "yummain.py", line 21, in ?
> >   File "clientStuff.py", line 18, in ?
> > ImportError: /usr/lib/librt.so.1: symbol __librt_disable_asynccancel,
> > version GLIBC_PRIVATE not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time
> > reference
> >
> > both up2date and the rhn-applet core.
> >
> > I'd file a bugzilla report, but I am unclear as how to file it since
> > there is no entry for rawhide versions other than 1.0. How should these
> > be filed?
>
> I'd say file it under rawhide 1.0 (rawhide is always 1.0) and the python
> component.
>
> -sv

actually, I think I'm gonna file it under the glibc component. I was
digging around bugzilla and discovered bug 90755 for glibc breaking
java, which reminded my of the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL setting. After doing the
following:
% unset LANG
% export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5

I was able to run yum, up2date and the rhn-applet...

Thanks for the input!

-josh

--
Joshua Legbandt <jtlegbandt at earthlink.net>