Gnome not working ant longer - Rawhide

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at columbus.rr.com
Sun Aug 24 03:00:39 UTC 2003

I'm trying to figure out if my loss of GNOME is a local problem or if
Gnome is broken in Rawhide currently.

The only problem I had, other than gnome not working was with gnome
-utils installing seperate instance with various yum, apt-get, up2date
upgrades.

Up2date would install a later version of gnome-utils. Then when I ran
synaptic, it would report multiple versions on the system. rpm -q would
report the errors also.
Anyway, I am using KDE, until I can get GNOME working again. I noticed
that I can add launchers to the panel with a right click now. Before I
didn't notice this feature. Is this new to KDE or just something that I
just wandered upon?

Attached is my /var/log/XFree86.0.log file (the gnome was appended,
after the crash, file deleted before retrying X.)

What other information might be valuable?

gnome-libs-1.4.1.2.90-34
XFree86-4.3.0-21
kdelibs-3.1.3-5
gnome-utils-2.3.4-2