pam src rpm replaced?

Leonard den Ottolander leonardjo at hetnet.nl
Sun Aug 24 15:03:53 UTC 2003

Hi Mike,

> It's also possible that a given maintainer might be on vacation.

 Yup. Something Jef already suggested.

> Also, adding new dependancies often takes more time than just
> adding a line to a spec file.

> It might seem a bit tedious to investigate these things to that
> level, but unneeded dependancies only complicate packaging and
> make the minimal distro install size increase.

 I fully agree with this. I can see this might be the case with the flex
requirement.

> Perhaps we should have a "development-base" package, that
> Requires all of these things, just to ensure all truly required
> packages are installed in development installs?  That might be a
> good suggestion.

 Indeed probably a good idea. I usually start out with a rather minimal
installation and add packages as needed. This is how I come across these
missing requirements in the first place. Even after using Linux for many
years some things that might be obvious to some/many aren't obvious to me.
Probably because I haven't been doing a lot of c development until lately.

Bye,
Leonard.

--
How clean is a war when you shoot around nukelar waste?
Stop the use of depleted uranium ammo!