Auto CD-ROM loading taken out?

Glen Maeding gmaeding at kidspeace.org
Tue Aug 26 13:32:25 UTC 2003

I dont know why, but it took me this long before i finally realized it
when i needed something off the CD, it wasnt auto loading it.  I checked
/etc/fstab and much to my surprise, there wasnt a line for it.  This is
when i loaded the latest kernel test 4 rpm for the 2.6 kernel line.  Is
there a reason why it doesnt show up in fstab anymore?

To give you a more clear picture here, I wanted to see if it was just
something else so i booted back into the regular RH 2.4.20 kernel and it
is there and works good.  I rebooted back to the test 2.6 kernel and its
gone.  I checked /var/log/messages and it finds the CD rom device okay.

By the way GKrellem cannot see my hard drive anymore for some reason.

      * 	-- Glen Maeding
      *  	-- MIS Tech @ Kidspeace Inc.
      *  	-- Webmaster of MIS-comm, Pdangel.org, and others...
      *  	-- E-mail: gmaeding at kidspeace.org
      *  	-- Pager e-mail: goik at tmail.com