no ... *really* ... any ETA for updated beta?

Féliciano Matias feliciano.matias at free.fr
Wed Aug 27 18:28:11 UTC 2003

Le mer 27/08/2003 à 18:24, Stephen Smoogen a écrit :
> Geez. You people are f*ing impossible.

Don't get me wrong. I love RedHat ! RedHat does almost all right.
I use RedHat since 4.2.

But i don't like how Redhat manage the communication around RHLP.

I am not asking RedHat to bring a great website tomorrow.

If RedHat take 1 hour to create a webpage with :
- we plan to have a complete new website near September.
- issue about Trademark are currently in study.
- gnome 2.4 will be in Cambridge.
- beta2 is put back to ... This is the new scheduler : ...
it's enough for me.

Here is a copy of the announcement (July 21):
http://lwn.net/Articles/40521/

> We changed the rules. We said our Linux should be your Linux. Just as
> most of the software in Red Hat Linux is developed in an open
> fashion, so should Red Hat Linux itself; driven by those who
> develop, test, document, and translate. To accomplish this, +we're
> opening up our process+.

Check the current http://rhl.redhat.com/ one mouth later :
- "Red Hat remains excited about the open development process announced
on Monday. We're currently reworking the content of this site to clarify
questions people have raised since our announcement. We'll have the site
restored as soon as possible."

I can't be happy with this. And more important,
Debian/Gentoo/Mandrake/... users will not be attracted with this.

Mailing-list and "wait please" answers are not enough.

This is my opinion at the present time.

I am an old redhat user and confident about the future of RHLP. But
think about other users/contributers.

PS: Sorry for my poor English.

--
Féliciano Matias <feliciano.matias at free.fr>