yum quit

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Thu Aug 28 20:23:06 UTC 2003

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.2/urllib2.py", line 90, in ?
>      import socket
>    File "/usr/lib/python2.2/socket.py", line 41, in ?
>      from _socket import *
> ImportError: /lib/libssl.so.4: undefined symbol: krb5_cc_get_principal

run: rpm -Va --nofiles --nomd5

see if you get any broken dependencies listed. If this is rawhide you
might get a bunch listed b/c of the epochpromotion changes in rpm but
look for dep problems with krb5-libs

> I think this is it. Why would libssl need krb5 though?

it is pulled in for gssapi, I think.

not sure - ask the openssl pkg maintainer.

> When I removed the krb5 stuff, which I'll not use any time soon, I
> didn't get a dependency error. So either libssl should not require
> krb5_cc_get_principal, or the package dependency needs fixed.

odd: rpm -q --requires openssl shows libkrb5.so.3

That seems like it would be needed.

> Looking back at the updates, I see pam_krb5, but removing it doesn't
> libssl.so.4 is a symlink to libssl.so.0.9.7a from openssl-0.9.7a-17
> which was also updated. So maybe the openssl update caused it?

possibly.

I don't think I've updated openssl on my system.

check in bugzilla - see if anyone else is seeing it.

-sv