no ... *really* ... any ETA for updated beta?

Kyle Maxwell kylem at xwell.org
Thu Aug 28 22:20:31 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-28 at 16:37, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Féliciano Matias (feliciano.matias at free.fr) said:

> > Who knows the views of RedHat ?
>
> See http://rhl.redhat.com/.

In all seriousness, thanks. This small update makes me feel a lot better
that RH took the time to address our concerns and put out a *target* (I
realize that Sep 15th might turn into the 18th or even 22nd or
something) so that I don't have to check rhl.redhat.com every morning as
I've been doing. Something so simple really makes a big difference.

Despite the vitriol that seems to have crept into the list lately (some
of which I've been unfortunately guilty of myself), I think we're all --
RH and outsiders alike -- served to recall that the goal here is to
produce another useful and cutting-edge distribution while
simultaneously opening up the process to fit the Free Software and Open
Sources ethoses (ethoi?) even more than Red Hat already does. If those
of us who are cynical by nature will keep that in mind, and those who
aren't so cynical will refrain from the pointless ad hominem attacks, I
personally think that this new direction will really accomplish
something.
--
Kyle Maxwell <kylem at xwell.org>