up2date redhat-release and rawhide-release ping-pong

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at princeton.edu
Fri Aug 29 15:54:31 UTC 2003

Féliciano Matias wrote:
>This problem have been reported :
>http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-beta-list/2003-August/msg01388.html
>http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-beta-list/2003-August/msg01405.html

A reminder....posting to the beta list is not reporting a bug.
This problem is only 'reported'...when there is a bugzilla entry for it.
Just posting problems to the beta list is a good way to have them fall
through the cracks. I could report bugs on my personal website blog as a
i find them...and have the same unreasonable expectation that a red hat
developer...the right red hat developer...would stumble on them there,
as they would on this beta list. Sometimes is nice to open up a bug for
general discussion, or sometimes even Elton's 'hey i posted my 1,211th
bugticket to bugzilla have a look' messages are worth glancing at. But
actually 'reporting' a problem to the right developer is done by
actually using a bugzilla ticket.  How about you reference the
bugticket.....that is suppose to be in the system?

-jef"its funny really...all this griping of expectation on what the new
communication with Red Hat was promised to look like...but we can't seem
to use the tools already in place to give feedback to the developers,
i'm not sure the red hat community is ready for responsibility that an
open development model would require"spaleta