up2date and mozilla issues with severn.

Steven Haigh netwiz at optusnet.com.au
Sat Aug 30 00:19:12 UTC 2003

Hi all, I've had Severn installed on my desktop SMP machine for a week
or two now, and I have to give a congratulations to all involved...
RedHat has come along way since I last used a RH release for my main
desktop usage... I think the last one I had on my desktop was 6.0... And
as always, my thanks to Alan Cox for his great work with his -ac series
of patches for pretty much every kernel version in existance... Great
work...

I've used RH on all of my servers, including my home firewall etc with
excellent results - but usually never install X etc, so even though I'm
a long time user, I'm not so cluey with X....

It's the first time I've used a Beta version of RH on any system, and
have noticed that I haven't been asked to install any updates since the
initial install... Is there something I should have done to get up2date
working in severn using beta packages? I get the SSL certificate error,
but from what I've read on the list archives, this is a known issue, and
I guess it'll be resolved shortly...

The second issue I've found has been with Mozilla... It's the one
supplied with severn (1.4).. I use it to access my IMAP mail accounts
over both SSL and normal. I've noticed that when I hit Ctrl+Shift+C on
an IMAP folder to 'mark all as read', it never actually does anything...

I've updated to Mozilla 1.5b from mozilla.org, but would prefer to stay
with the official RPM's for ease of upgrade later on... Has anyone else
come across this?

--
Signed,
Steven Haigh

You can lead a fool to wisdom but you can't make him think.
We have enough youth. What we need is a fountain of smart.
I am root. If you see me laughing, you better have a backup.