Re: XFree86-4.3.0-44 build fails in xc/programs/bitmap : IT'S -Os

Jakub wrote:

If you suspect a bug in the compiler (which this
looks like it), find out which libXaw.so object has undefined .L91
symbol and file a bugreport in http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/
with the details (gcc command line used to compile that object
with .L91 undefined reference (use e.g. nm -u to find out), preprocessed
source (add -save-temps to gcc options, rerun it and attach the resulting
.i file) and exact gcc version you used).

Well I didn't. But the weekend was not a total loss; it is a compiler bug. XFree builds with -O2 ; -march=athlon-xp -O2; even -O3.

But it fails at the same place with -Os - whatever -march=.

Odd. As I understand -Os , it's the same as -O2, just doesn't unroll as many loops to keep the executable smaller.

gcc-3.3.2.

sean

Share holiday photos without swamping your Inbox. Get MSN Extra Storage now! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es