FC1 AMD64 Preview installer crash

Mark Lane mark at harddata.com
Tue Dec 2 22:44:33 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 15:07, seth vidal wrote:
> > Hmm, this must be related to the something on the Hdama Boards that is
> > different on the Tyans. We did not have these errors with Tyan S2880.
> >
> > Could it be related to using all 8 memory slots? I know Tyan others
> > didn't provide 8 slots on early boards due to an issue with the AMD
> > Chipset. Hdama when ahead with 8 slots anyway.
>
> I'm seeing the issue and I'm only using 2 slots.

I was thinking that maybe it was related to their solution (Hdama) to
the 8 slot problem not actually using 8 slots. We have built systems
using all 8 slots on the Hdama board and Taroon was running fine.

Mark Lane, CET	mailto:mark at harddata.com
Hard Data Ltd.	http://www.harddata.com
T: 01-780-456-9771 	F: 01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue Edmonton, AB, Canada, T5X 1Y3
--> Ask me about our Excellent 1U Systems! <--