FC1 AMD64 Preview installer crash

Joshua Baker-LePain jlb17 at duke.edu
Wed Dec 3 15:28:45 UTC 2003

I've been doing more testing...

On 2 Dec 2003 at 4:48pm, seth vidal wrote

> > [1]  It OOPSes on boot.  If I edit the boot line in grub to add a serial
> >      console, it seems to actually boot (??), but has the library issues I
> >      see others having in the archives.
>
> Mine will oops on boot too, for the smp kernel only.
>
> the up kernel boots fine.

Not mine.  The UP kernel on mine also oopses on boot, and then fails to
mount /.  And this one isn't fixed by enabling the serial console, so
I've got a trace:

http://www.duke.edu/~jlb17/crash.acpi.8GB.up

If I boot with 'mem=2048M', then the UP kernel boots just fine.  Recall,
this system has 8GB of RAM.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering