What does REDHAT recomend for 3D video card?

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Fri Dec 12 12:11:48 UTC 2003

Stephan Schutter schrieb:

>I have got the impression that RH does not respect NVidia much because
>they will not give their code away... and well... sometimes there are
>issues with the RedHat kernels and nvidia (sometimes they are compiled
>with a different compiler than the one that is distributed with the
>system?). Soooooo.... The big question: What video card am I supposed to
>use?  What DOES RedHat recommend?

a SHORT answer

you can start here
http://www.redhat.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=mharris+nvidia+ati&ps=50&o=0&m=all&wm=wrd&ul=%2Farchives%2Ffedora-devel-list

and continue at
http://www.redhat.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi

eg.
search for "mharris ati nvidia"

after reading more than 1 email about redhat, nvidia, binary-only, ...
i am sure that you will come to the result
- your impression is wrong
- your question has nothing to do in the fedora-test-list

--
shrek-m