new nvidia driver 53.28 fails

Aurelien Bompard gauret at free.fr
Tue Dec 23 11:02:42 UTC 2003

> Before installing the nvidia drivers 4496 or the latest 5328 you must
> first remove XFree86-Mesa-libGL to avoid conflicts.

Apparently, I have to use --nodeps to remove this package. Wich means that
if I want to install packages which require it afterwards, I'll probably
have to install them with --nodeps too :-(
What about renaming libGL.so.1 ? This is dirty, but installing and removing
with --nodeps is equally dirty IMHO.
What would be the best solution ?

Thanks

Aurelien
http://gauret.free.fr   ---   Jabber : gauret at amessage.info

L'expérience est quelquechose que l'on acquiert juste après en avoir eu
besoin.