Graphical boot isn't so graphical

Jesse Keating hosting at j2solutions.net
Wed Jul 23 16:12:18 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 23 July 2003 09:27, Benjamin Vander Jagt wrote:
> Ya know, I kinda like seeing those kernel and boot messages.  I like
> seeing "OK" or "FAILED", and I like knowing that stuff is still
> happening.
>
> Just my six pence...

Those that like seeing it, are also the type that would not blink at
making a change to grub.conf or /etc/sysconfig/init to disable the
graphical bootup.  Those that would most like the pretty boot up, are
also the type that usually don't like to have to touch any config
files, especially files that can render their RHL unbootable.
Graphical Boot should remain an opt-out of thing, rather than an
opt-in.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net