Severn notebook users experiencing hard lock-ups?

Benjamin Vander Jagt benjaminvanderjagt at adelphia.net
Wed Jul 23 20:38:49 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 12:35, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been getting mysterious lock-ups when configuring network devices
> for the first time (either neat or internet-druid), and a couple of
> times after the system is fully set up and running neat (once) and rpm
> (once).
>
> Running fresh install of Severn on a Sony Z1MP, Centrino 1.3GHz, with
> built-in wireless/bluetooth turned off and using a Lucent WaveLAN
> 802.11b card.
>
> My suspicion lies with the kernel, I might file a bug report once I get
> more details (will recompile a 2.6 kernel tomorrow and see if I could
> crash 2.4.21 but not 2.6-test1)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Michel

I had that same problem with Red Hat 9.  Supposedly one of the up2date
updates fixed it, but I couldn't figure out why RPM couldn't install it
but up2date could.  J.A.M.D. 0.0.6 is Red Hat 9 based and came partly
updated, so I didn't have the same problem with J.A.M.D...

Benjamin Vander Jagt <benjaminvanderjagt at adelphia.net>