Re: Graphical boot isn't so graphical

Havoc Pennington wrote:

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 07:18:14PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:

I'd say the objectives derive from an overall vision of a "mainstream
general-purpose operating system," and I don't think that basic vision
is likely to change; so objectives that conflict with it aren't likely
to be added.

Should add a couple of caveats to that vision, which are also listed on the objectives page. We want Red Hat Linux to be leading edge and frequently updated, and it's intended to contain a broader variety of software some of which may be niche or not-yet-ready-for-wide-audience. So it does have some bias toward users who want latest-and-greatest stuff and want to try out a range of software (have more choices), even if not all the software is "fully productized."

Is seeing something like apt-get out of the question? While I like up2date even my rhn as entiltlement downloads are slower than mirrors kernel.org, and freshrpms. (Of course this is likely do to the fact I'm within several miles of kernel.org.) Not to mention the speed of my local apt repository.

--
Once you have their hardware. Never give it back.
(The First Rule of Hardware Acquisition)