Question about loading cs4232 sound modules

Mike mike at redtux.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 23:38:26 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 14:39, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 08:31, Mike Martin wrote:
>
> > On bootup kudzu recognises the soundcard and apparently configures
> > it.
> > However the module does not load on bootup
> > What confuses me is is I do modprobe cs4232 it loads fine
> >
> > Anyone any idea what I need to do to get it loaded at startup
>
> Check your /etc/modules.conf file to see if it's listed, and if not add
> it.

this is modules.conf

alias eth0 8139too
alias sound-slot-2 cs4232
alias sound-slot-0-0 cs4232
pre-remove sound-slot-2 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S
>/dev/null 2>&1 || :

and this is /etc/modprobe.conf (same with both)

include /etc/modprobe.conf.dist
alias eth0 8139too
alias sound-slot-2 cs4232
alias sound-slot-0-0 cs4232