PHP4 + Apache2 = Experimental

Marco Ermini markoer at usa.net
Mon Jul 28 08:30:23 UTC 2003

Mohamed Eldesoky disse:
[...]
> What about apache's worker module ??
> Will the new PHP work with it ??
[...]

http://it3.php.net/manual/it/install.apache2.php

It seems that PHP may work with both "normal" and pre-fork thread model of
Apache.

For what I could see, RedHat's Apache is NOT compiled with pre-fork
support, so it should not be an issue.

If someone is interested, I created Apache 2.0.46 and PHP 4.3.1's RPM (I'm
working on 4.3.2) on my site:
http://macchi.markoer.org/works/index.php?_browse=RPMS/redhat-9/SRPMS

Note that Apache 2.0.46 is not compatible with custom modules built for
the RedHat's Apache (this is the reason for RedHat's not shipping the
latest version of Apache, if I could understand well) so if you use custom
modules, think about it before upgrading Apache 2.

regards
--
Marco Ermini
http://macchi.markoer.org