graphical boot - initdefault

Alvin Smith email at alvinsmith.com
Mon Jul 28 13:11:41 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 08:00, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 00:07, Alvin Smith wrote:
>
> > Can that be set at boot time?  If so, what is the syntax for that?
>
> That's it, nogui.  Nothing else goes before or after it, just, nogui

At the Grub menu, I have three choices: 'e' to edit commands, 'a' to
modify kernel arguments, 'c' for a command line.  Which option do I use
to insert the 'nogui' switch?  Or is there somewhere else I should be
doing this?

At boot time, my monitor changes modes and the screen just goes blank
and the LEDs on my keyboard flash at the point where I think the gui
load begins...

Sorry if this has already been covered.

Alvin