battery charge status applet broken?

Don 'Duck' Harper duck at duckland.org
Mon Jul 28 17:55:20 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 11:11, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Steve Ward (stevewa at spiritone.com) said:
> > OK, I loaded the acpid RPM and started it, loaded ac and battery
> > modules, now when I start the battery monitor applet it works fine but
> > my cursor goes "out of control" and races about the screen doing random
> > things.
> >
> > If I manage to logout of the session and the login screen returns, the
> > cursor becomes sane again.
> >
> > Confirmed after a power cycle.
> >
> > Ideas?
>
> Um, you have a very very strange BIOS? :)
>
> Seriously, the cursor only goes wacky *after* starting the battery
> applet?

For me it does....as does using the battery monitor in gkrellm.

External mouse (usb) does work, not the PS/2 built-in...this is on an
R31.

Don

Don Harper, RHCE, MCSE                          email: duck at duckland.org
Just a systems kinda guy...                      http://www.duckland.org

		 "New versions happen." -- Larry Wall

This email was sent from Solid System's Houston Office.