oopses with Severn (was Re: Massive kernel oopses with Taroon beta 1

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Mon Jul 28 20:11:30 UTC 2003

Bill Nottingham wrote:

>Felipe Alfaro Solana (felipe_alfaro at linuxmail.org) said:
>

>>I'm experiencing massive oops using Taroon's kernel on an AMD Athlon
>>laptop. This is so serious that, after booting or using the system for a
>>while, the filesystems gets completely corrupted and even "fsck" is
>>unable to repair it.
>>

>There are known issues with Athlons and the beta 1 kernel. As a workaround,
>use the i686 kernel for now.

Bill, I'm running an Athlon Thunderbird 1.0Gb here, and I'm having similar
problems with Severn. Of *eight* attempted installs, this is the _third_
successful
one. How long severn will last, is a huge question. Between last night
and today,
I've installed Severn several times, either the Personal Desktop,
Workstation
(with selected applications), and Workstation (default apps).
So far (... at least, on *my* machine) "Severn" seems to be consonant with
'crash and burn'.

Elton :-(