more system failures with Severn.... (on an Athlon)

Pekka Pietikainen pp at ee.oulu.fi
Mon Jul 28 22:23:05 UTC 2003

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 04:40:51PM -0400, Elton Woo wrote:
> >>Before my last crash and burn, I tried installing the nVidia drivers,
> >>and it could not create the needed module. Sounds logical though, since
> >>I imagine there would be some need of updating or patching to support
> >>the present kernel in Severn.
> I took a clue from Bill Nottingham who was responding to a message regading
> kernel oopses with AMD's and the Taroon beta. Looks like the same case for
> AMD and Severn...
Mine has been rock solid (Athlon XP 2000, KT400)... Well not quite, I did
have some serious nVidia-related stability problems. The fan on my
GeForce 4 blew up, which made the chip blow up, which made the
system blow up (well, just crash all the time and print random
characters/pixels on the screen). Apart from that, no problems with a
AMD+Severn combination.

--
Pekka Pietikainen