Installation via ftp

Justin Clacherty justinc at serani.com.au
Wed Jul 30 14:35:15 UTC 2003

Has anyone tried to install via ftp and done so successfully?  I've set
up anonymous ftp on one of the internal machines and can ftp in
successfully, but when I try to do an install the ftp fails.  The
anaconda log looks to have an incorrect address in it.

ftp server is 192.168.1.22
the install data is in /pub/severn

The anaconda log has the method as
Method = ftp://192.168.1.22//pub/severn

The install fails with an ftp error on
ftp://192.168.1.22/%2Fpub/severn/RedHat/base/hdlist: 550 failed to
change directory

I suspect the double / in the method is causing the problem but it
appears if I enter the directory as either /pub/severn or pub/severn.
The %2F is in the error message is a bit of a mystery also...

Justin.