Dependencies [was: Re: bugs, bugs, bugs!]

Leonard den Ottolander leonardjo at hetnet.nl
Wed Jul 30 18:22:26 UTC 2003

Hi Jeremy,

> And that is effectively how dependency-solving tools like up2date, apt,
> yum, etc. work... by querying remote servers, caching appropriate
> meta-deta locally, and figuring out all of this for you.  Leonard:  why
> won't you use one of those tools and thus avoid this whole problem?

 In many cases one wouldn't need to use these tools if dependencies
were clear (as in (also) using package names). For more difficult
situations one would use an update tool. See my other posts.

Bye,
Leonard.

--
How clean is a war when you shoot around nukelar waste?
Stop the use of depleted uranium ammo!