2.6.0-test2 and NVidia 4496 = no direct rendering?

Thomas J. Baker tjb at unh.edu
Wed Jul 30 19:24:34 UTC 2003

I've got two separate systems where compiling the nvidia 4496 drivers
and running Arjan's RPM test2 smp kernel results in glxinfo informing me
that direct rendering is disabled. I've got the patch from minion.de and
the nvidia module compiles and loads fine.

If I reboot to 2.4.20-19.9, it works fine so it doesn't seem like the
GLX libraries are not installed correctly.

Anyone have it working? I'm using the Makefile.kbuild since the
Makefile.nvidia doesn't seem to work at all.

Thanks,

tjb
| Thomas Baker                                  email: tjb at unh.edu    |