Mount Other filesystems

Maynard knxmay001 at mail.uct.ac.za
Wed Jul 30 19:37:35 UTC 2003

I did not advocate this be done for NTFS. Only for FAT file system. I
really doubt Microsoft is doing much development work on this anymore so
I do expect it to be rather unchanging.

I know NTFS is really hard, and even when I had an NTFS partition, I did
not really use it under Linux.

As I had said earlier, the reason is I, and probably other people need
to use the documents between Windows and Linux. If there was a good IFS
driver for ext2/3 under Windows, I would convert to that on my other
hard drive. But there isn't.

I do not expect computers to work flawlessly, but the risk of filesystem
corruption does seem to be overstated. It does not have to be the
default, but it could be an option, with a big red warning label is
someone felt so inclined to mount FAT partitions. I think NTFS should be
left alone.