Graphical boot

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Thu Jul 31 04:11:14 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 16:26, Stephen Smoogen Stephen Smoogen
<smoogen at lanl.gov> wrote:
> I would recommend a F key or similar option in the GRUB menu to do this.
> Erik Troan talked about working on  an automagical patch to GRUB that
> would do this back in 7.3 or so..
>
> Having to work with people over the phone on adding options via the GRUB
> menus has been lets say 'interesting'.
>
> On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 11:58, Alan Cox wrote:
> > > the user (me aka dumb newbie) gets stuck. ...a *specific* example:
> > > on several boots of Severn, I get kernel oopses, of which I am
> > > aware (through past experience): since two, or all keyboard lights
> > > start blinking, and the dialog "ribbon" just sits on screen.
> >
> > Boot with the option "nogui"
 The machine is booting from GRUB, not from a floppy or CD, so
how do I pass this option at bootup ... (from a cold boot)? As it is,
I now have to hit the reset button, and (usually this happens for a
couple of boots) then I get the progress bar working as it should.
i.e. no freeze, no flashing keyboard LED's

Elton ;-)