Can we have g++/libstdc 32 packages

Milan Kerslager milan.kerslager at pslib.cz
Thu Jul 31 08:54:39 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 09:43:57AM +0100, Mike Martin wrote:
>  --- Elliot Lee <sopwith at redhat.com> wrote: > On Wed, 30 Jul 2003,
> Mike Martin wrote:
> >
> > > This causes problems with packages that dont compile with 3.3
> >
> > Those packages need to be fixed.
> >

> yes - I know these packages should be fixed.
>
> BUT - it does put the user trying to compile software in a
> frustrating position especially when it relates to fairly important
> packages like gstreamer.

The distribution has gcc32 package so you are free to use older compiler
(that possibly works).

Anyway - the maintainer of gstreamer shoud fix his package and this is
the only way to force him to do it.

We need better compiler all the time. We need to be able to use it in
Enterprise environment (like glibc with NTPL etc). This is not possible
to use 5 years old compiler with bilions of documented bugs and
workarounds included to our source code.

--
                        Milan Kerslager
                        E-mail: milan.kerslager at pslib.cz
                        WWW:    http://www.pslib.cz/~kerslage/